Acupuncture and Assisted Conception
We have extensive experience of treating couples/individuals with acupuncture whilst undergoing Fertility Treatment. Fertility treatment with IVF/ICSI requires extensive use of drugs and the process that a woman’s body goes through during IVF/ICSI can be tough so it’s important that the mind and body is supported.
Each woman’s treatment will be unique to her, shown below is an example of a generalised short and long protocol schedule (the long protocol starts on day 21 of a woman’s cycle and the short on day 1):
More information: Understanding the IVF process?
A client’s individual needs dictate the amount of acupuncture required, Jacqueline will typically offer 6 sessions to go along side a long protocol IVF/ICSI cycle and 5 for a short protocol:
- During the down regulation phase for those on the long protocol.
- During the stimulation phase – where a woman’s ovaries are stimulated to produce eggs.
- On the day of embryo transfer – early morning for pre transfer treatment (to help calm the uterus) and then later on that same day again to help calm uterus and except your embryo or embryos.
- Once embryo or embryos are transferred at the appropriate time to help implantation.
- Jacqueline is available during this time to offer any care, advice or support you may need.
Contact us If you’d like to book an appointment or get in touch with us by ‘phone, please call 07857421488